Yahoo Mail has been hacked numerous times the last couple of years leaving me with no recourse but to abandon it. I’ve used my Yahoo account for years, signing up on just about everything that had a presence online. So, it was extremely important for me that I stop using Yahoo Mail for my security.
Over the last couple of months, I have been slowly switching my online accounts over to another email. The migration has been slow and an arduous process. It took me roughly a couple months to complete the migration. Here’s how I did it.
- First, I cleared all spam.
- I then deleted all emails that were not important to me, including what was in the Send folder.
- I compiled a list of important websites that had my Yahoo account.
- I logged in to those sites and changed them to my new email address.
- I kept all the important email messages and placed them on a couple of folders.
- I then archived them and secured them to a local drive.
- I then deleted all the remaining messages on my Yahoo account. It now has zero messages.
- However, the account is still active. I need it for my Yahoo Fantasy Football. 🙂
- Occasionally, I still get email, but nothing of anything important.