I read there’s a two month wait for the iWatch. That’s a long time to wait for an order. I’m not sure if Apple purposely designed this to create demand or maybe there are manufacturing issues indeed. Probably the latter. Nevertheless, it’s a long time to wait.
Archives for May 2015
DistroWatch.com has a list of Linux distros and ranks them based on popularity. Currently, Mint is the distro of choice for many Linux users followed by Ubuntu and Debian. There are hundreds of distros available and you can’t possibly use or play around with all of them. Most of these distros are just offshoots of the more popular distros. If I were to narrow it down to just a few distros, I would go with these magnificent seven.
- Mint – since it’s popular desktop. It’s based on Ubuntu.
- Ubuntu – it’s my current favorite Linux server.
- Debian – since Ubuntu and numerous others are based on Debian.
- Fedora – it’s based on Redhat.
- Centos – it’s basically Redhat without the support.
- FreeBSD – Unix-like OS based BSD.
- Slackware – it’s been around for a very long time.
There are quite a few antivirus software out there that do the job. Of all the software that is out there, I recommend Avast 2015. You can certainly use the Avast Free Antivirus, but I recommend Avast Premiere if you want extra protection. If you happen to get a virus or malware running on your computer, you can use Avast to scan your drive. If that doesn’t fix it, I also recommend that you install MalwareBytes and Ad-Aware software. These trifecta of antivirus software usually takes care of the job.