As you are aware, development of Windows 8 is in full force. Microsoft has already started to market its next operating systems by making it available for anyone to download. A recent look at what options are available reveals a dizzying array of options. Tom’s Hardware compiled a list of Windows 8 options, and they are:
- Windows 8 Enterprise Edition
- Windows 8 Enterprise Eval Edition
- Windows 8 Home Basic Edition
- Windows 8 Home Premium Edition
- Windows 8 ARM Edition
- Windows 8 Professional Edition
- Windows 8 Professional Plus Edition
- Windows 8 Starter Edition
- Windows 8 Ultimate Edition
This doesn’t even take into account more options if you take into account 32-bit and 64-bit CPU architectures. This list is quite lengthy. The list can potentially change come release time. As a comparison, Linux Mint has 7 different versions. But, if you take away the 32-bit and 64-bit stuff, it essentially comes down to just 4 different versions.
Do you think there are too many Windows 8 options?