Virtual private servers or VPS such as Linode, where this site is hosted, allow users the ability to resize their disk images. Resizing allows you to allocate more storage to a disk image so you can store more files, or shrink a disk image so you have more storage for the other disk images in your account.
Here’s a quick checklist on how to resize a disk image in Linode.
- Log in to the Linode Manager.
- Click the Linodes tab. A list of your virtual private servers appears.
- Select a Linode. The Linode’s dashboard appears.
- Click Shut down to turn your Linode off.
- Select the disk image you want to resize. The Edit Disk Image webpage appears.
- In the New Size field, enter a different size for the disk image in megabytes.
- Click Save Changes. The Linode’s dashboard appears.
- Click Boot to turn on the Linode.
- You have successfully resized the disk image.