Last week, founder Eben Upton of the Pi Foundation announced the Raspberry Pi Model Zero. The tiny computer device which runs on Raspbian, a free and open-source OS based on Debian, will sell for $5.00. You can purchase it from Adafruit and other outlets.
Here are some specs:
- Processor: 1GHz Broadcomm BCM2835
- Memory: 512MB of RAM
- Storage: a user-supplied microSD
- GPIO: 26/40 unpopulated through-holes
- USB ports: USB On-the-Go…Micro USB
- Video Output: Composite video is available from 2 unpopulated pins.
- HDMI video is available from a mini HDMI port.