The drought in California is over! Five years of very little rain. This year is another story. It feels like it hasn’t stopped raining since October. And we barely into winter. Last year was supposed to be El Nino year for California, but it didn’t rain much. This year, California has received more rain on a non-El Nino year. NOAA just made the announcement that the drought is over. However, a large swat of Southern California continue to remain in drought. In the north, most major reservoirs are above average. Heavenly Ski area received 12 feet of new snow just this past week.
Norwegian officials have decided to replace FM with DAB or Digital Audio Broadcasting. The decision is a move towards the digital age over the older FM analog format. Hurray for progress! Norwegian officials are saying that the move will save broadcasters over $23 million dollars. In addition, it will give listeners a clearer digital sound.
Sixty six percent of Norwegians are oppose to the move, mainly because many Norwegians cars don’t have DAB receivers. Hey, nothing like listening to your voters! To get around the problem, DBA adapters can be installed in cars for $176. Ouch! But, a business opportunity for someone to make money. At the end of the year, there will be 15 million FM useless radios in Norway.
Here’s the the article from Mashable.
Yahoo Mail has been hacked numerous times the last couple of years leaving me with no recourse but to abandon it. I’ve used my Yahoo account for years, signing up on just about everything that had a presence online. So, it was extremely important for me that I stop using Yahoo Mail for my security.
Over the last couple of months, I have been slowly switching my online accounts over to another email. The migration has been slow and an arduous process. It took me roughly a couple months to complete the migration. Here’s how I did it.
- First, I cleared all spam.
- I then deleted all emails that were not important to me, including what was in the Send folder.
- I compiled a list of important websites that had my Yahoo account.
- I logged in to those sites and changed them to my new email address.
- I kept all the important email messages and placed them on a couple of folders.
- I then archived them and secured them to a local drive.
- I then deleted all the remaining messages on my Yahoo account. It now has zero messages.
- However, the account is still active. I need it for my Yahoo Fantasy Football. 🙂
- Occasionally, I still get email, but nothing of anything important.