Black-Letterhead 1.7.1

Black-Letterhead 1.7.1 is now available for download.

Version 1.7.1 essentially has the same features as 1.7, but it comes with a XSS vulnerability fix. I recommend that you upgrade to version 1.7.1 as soon as possible.

1.7.1 Features

• Compatible with the latest WordPress 3.2.1
  • Automatic Feed Links
  • Post Thumbnal support
  • Custom Menus support
  • Custom Headers
  • Rotating Header Images
  • Custom Backgrounds
  • Theme Toolkit
  • Choose right or left sidebar
  • Two widths: 760px or 960px
  • Ability to remove Title or Tagline
  • Turn on/off Single Pages with Sidebar
  • Display Page border/No border
  • Ability to Customize Fonts
  • Ability to change Text Colors
  • XSS Search Fix

Download Black-Letterhead 1.7.1

Tags:

22 Responses to “Black-Letterhead 1.7.1”

1. Scott says:

Just love this theme; have been using it for about 2 years.

My blog seems to have blown open lately and I’m getting about 1500 unique users a month, close to 5k hits per month and it seems to be growing. I decided to finally pull the plug on WordPress.com and open my blog in its own domain.

The “old” blog is at the same address but with the dot wordpress dot com.

I’m using 1&1 to host my domain and they have a plug and play WordPress app that seems to work ok. I’m moving my pages over. The Black-Letterhead on my WordPress site says that Black-Letterhead is available at WordPress.org but I do not see it there. I am able to download it here but can I upload it using the 1&1 WordPress app?

I’m not sure exactly how to upload this theme. Any help would be appreciated.

• Ulysses says:

Hi Scott,

Your hosting provider provides you with a FTP account so you can upload files to your server. You can either use their own FTP program or use a FTP client such as Filezilla to upload the theme to your server. I hope I lead you in the right direction. If you still need further help, I am available to do contract work for a nominal fee. Let me know if you’re interested.

2. Manuel says:

Is this Theme Compatible with the latest WordPress 3.3.1 ??

3. John says:

Hello I noticed an updat for Black-Letterhead so I uploaded the new version.. Everything looked great I added my custom header than cam back a few hours later and the Theme was white and looked like another theme? I went into admin and the New Functions with your theme was lost and replaced with something that just cant be Black Letterhead theme? I double checked and yes it is using the latest theme files.. So I went back to the old theme then re activated the new theme again … everything looked great than in the morning I came back and its displaying white again with widgets in different areas? This is weird so I went back to old theme files again and left this up to you to figure out whats going on?

• Ulysses says:

Hi John, That is weird. I have this running on this blog for several months. No problems so far. Do you have a test blog so you can test the newer theme without messing up your production website? You might want to test it there first. It sounds like a cache expiring. Not sure what’s going on.

4. John says:

Hello I can activate the newer version again I dont have a TEST for this but do you think because there are two themes called the same in my themes folder for this to happen? Go to my website and view the theme it should change by the time you see this reply.

5. John says:

As you can see my Black Letterjead theme is not Black -Letterhead it Auto Changes to this theme even though it is set in my WP admin as the Current Theme.. It gets hi jacked after so many hours and this appears?

• Ulysses says:

It looks like there’s a conflict with another theme or the theme settings gets trashed and somehow your theme goes back to the default Kubrick. What WordPress version are you using? Kubrick is old. The default WordPress theme is now “2011.” What happens if you remove other themes? Does it make a difference? If you want, you can email me with your username and password so I can take a look at it. Email me via my contact page at http://ulyssesonline.com.

• Ulysses says:

Did you say you have two similar themes called Black Letterjead and Black-Letterhead? To WordPress, the two themes are the same unless the two have different THEME NAME(s) in style.css. You need to change. They have to be unique. That’s probably the reason why WordPress is confused, hence it goes to the default theme.

6. John says:

Yeah I have two Black-Letterhead themes called the exact same name.. I emailed you my info to correct the style.css

Thanks

7. John says:

Hello again the theme is back to the white & blue WP Default again?? WEIRD go ahead and take a look please it seemed to last much longer than previously this time …

• Ulysses says:

Hi John, Have you tried deleting the old BlackLettehead theme? See if that works. Not sure why your blog behaves that way. Really weird.

• John says:

honestly its not there I thought you deleted the old one.. I have just the one and its activated and not working So I really don’t know what to do Like Your Theme used it for 5 years or more but now I cant even revert back to the old one which works…

8. John says:

i found the files FTP online I hard deleted the Old Files Black-Letterhead and reactivated the New 1.7.1 again wait and see what happens again?

9. John says:

even with one version of Black-Letterhead in my themes folder now you can see it just does not work??

10. Derek says:

I’ve been using this theme for over a year with no problems. I use it almost totally for putting up articles, using ‘page’ and not ‘post’, (other than the home page, which I’m going to change). I’m trying to use it for another site, but none of the articles are coming up in the sidebar to the right. Nothing is appearing to indicate that they even exist. I much prefer a side menu to an overhead menu. Am I missing something obvious.

11. zaantar says:

hi, first of all, thank you for developing this theme! i’m using it since i first got myself a wordpress blog.
    however, english is not my native language and i’d appreciate a lot if i could translate blackletterhead with assurance these changes won’t be lost in the next version.
    would you please internationalise it?
    or i can do it for you and send you the modified files.

12. peter says:

hello

can i add more sidbars in the theme
    if it can i want a left and right sidebar on the the right side

how do i do this?