Black-Letterhead 1.2

Black-Letterhead theme version 1.2 is now available. This is the latest version which works with the latest and greatest WordPress Widgets. With widgets, you can now move content in and out of the sidebar area by simply dragging and dropping widget elements. How cool is that? Well, if you’re interested in downloading the latest version of the theme, just visit the download page. To learn more about widgets, here are several links for your reading pleasure.

WordPress.org
WordPress.com
Lorelle on WordPress
PascalRossini.com

Advertising

A Home based business can be launched at a low price. With the help of courses like 70-298 one can give a professional look and feel to the site. Domain registration is generally free if the web hosting company is apollohosting. With the help of internet phones, the marketing of the business can be carried out economically.

Tags:

14 Responses to “Black-Letterhead 1.2”

1. randy says:

Greetings Ulysses. I have loaded 1.2 of Black Letterhead, and want to change the font colours for blockquotes, and “Posted in…” I’ve tried to work with the stylesheets, but cannot determine how to change those colours. I have made some other tweaks with success, but can’t make a font colour change. Can you advise? Thank you kindly – Randy

2. ulyssesr says:

Hi Randy,

You’ll need to find the “blockquote” and “small” entries in style.css and add the color the and the background-color to control them.

Ulysses

3. Dr. No says:

Hi, i would like to install your black-letterhead 1.2 theme, but i get some errors after activating the theme.

Warning: main() [function.main.html]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/post.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/usersites/s-x/sys) in /www/usersites/s-x/sys/pub/wp-content/themes/black-letterhead-1-2/index.php on line 6

Warning: main(post.php) [function.main.html]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /www/usersites/s-x/sys/pub/wp-content/themes/black-letterhead-1-2/index.php on line 6

Fatal error: main() [function.require.html]: Failed opening required ‘post.php’ (include_path=’.:’) in /www/usersites/s-x/sys/pub/wp-content/themes/black-letterhead-1-2/index.php on line 6

I have only uploaded your theme, without any modification.

Thank you – Dr. No

4. ulyssesr says:

Dr. No. I’ve never seen these errors before and I have been using WordPress for more than two years now. Sorry, I’m not able to help.

5. rainewalker says:

I love this theme, but is there an easy way to flip the sidebar to the left?

6. John says:

Hi,

Love the theme and use it for my site. I have one question, when my “archives” are being viewed my side bar disappears. can you help?

Thanks
    John

7. ulyssesr says:

John,

Double check the archives.php file to make sure it contains…

class=”narrowcolumn” instead of widecolumn.

Also, make sure the get_sidebar(); code is right above the footer.

Good luck.

Ulysses

8. Curt says:

i did the double check, i’m still losing my sidebar. might it have something to do with widgets?

9. Curt says:

found the problem. i added the changes to the single-post file. works like a dream. i LOVE this theme. with your permission, i might switch out the header with a kick-ass dragon image!

10. black is always my favorite..!!

11. Jeff says:

I know HTML pretty well, but all the PHP/CSS is making it hard for me to know where to make an easy tweak.

I am using the header image feature, but want people to be able to automatically click the header image to return to the main index page.

Where would I put that? Thanks.

12. ulyssesr says:

Hi Jeff,

I fixed this issue with Black-Letterhead version 1.4. If you like to make the changes to your current theme, you’ll find the fix here.

13. motivspiegel says: