I finally got my Canon MX330 printer to work with Ubuntu’s Simple Scan. I never had a problem with setting up my printer and/or printing documents on Ubuntu, but I never got the scanner to work. Not once, but now it works, with an application called Simple Scan. I’m so stoked! Ok, here’s how I did it. If you have a Canon MX330 and you want Ubuntu’s Simple Scan to work with your printer/scanner, just try to do the following steps.
- Download the Canon MX330 ScanGear Drivers.
- Unzip the package. Go to the Packages folder.
- Type the following commands from the Terminal.
- The package above is the current version. You may get a newer version.
- One more thing, that’s a double dash before force-architecture.
- Start Simple Scan from Applications > Graphics > Simple Scan menu.
- The application should start scanning.
- Save the image as JPG.
- That’s it.
sudo dpkg -i –force-architecture scangearmp-common_3.00-1_i386.deb sudo dpkg -i –force-architecture scangearmp-mx330series_3.10-1_i386.deb
Hopefully that setup works for you!