Have you ever wondered how others have added special effects to their webcams? Special effects like distorted faces, fire, mosaic and colors. Other effects include wearing hats, costumes and glasses. Changing hairstyles or add facial hair is also possible. If you are looking for a software program that adds a variety of these effects I’ve mentioned above, then take a look at WebcamMax.
What is WebcamMax? WebcamMax is a software program that runs on Windows 2000, XP or Windows Vista. The program allows you to use thousands of special effects on your existing webcam. WebcamMax works with many popular chat programs such as MSN, Yahoo Messenger, CamFrog, ICQ, Aim, Skype, Paltalk, ANYwebcam, Stickam and many others. The software also acts as a recorder for capturing videos that you can later share with friends in YouTube or on your blog.
In addition, WebcamMax allows you to share your computer screen with family or friends. You can also share any photo or a movie clip. Another excellent feature of WebcamMax is the ability to broadcast or display two sources at the same time. This feature is called Picture in Picture or PinP. Select any two sources whether a picture, a movie clip, screen, a webcam, and even a camcorder with a DV output attached to your computer.
List of Effects
- Transform – distorting mirror, fire, mosaic, line, color, snow, water.
- Mask – glasses, hats, hair, famous people.
- Background – change your background to any place you like.
- Frame – add a frame to your screen to make it cooler.
- Emotion – use smileys you like to express your feeling better.
- Text – type what you want to say on the video box directly.
- Customize existing effects – tweak color, position, size and speed.
- Create your own effects – just follow the guide. it’s easy and fun.
- Online effects – download other effects via online.
- Save recorded videos in AVI or ASF formats.
- Take snapshots of your webcam, your screen or movie playing.
- Save pictures in JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG format.
Use the Virtual Webcam
- Play a movie for your friends.
- Trick your friends with a fake video.
- Play photo slides.
- Fast switch between virtual webcam and your actual webcam.
Activate Picture in Picture – PinP
- Broadcast different sources at the same time
- Select from many sources – webcam, picture, screen or other sources
- Customize your PinP sources – change position and size
- Create drawings or edit existing ones
- Use a pencil, eraser or a color bucket
- Save your work for later use
You can download the program from WebcamMax’s website. The software is free to use for trial period of 30 days. Buying a license will remove the watermark and the 30 day time limitation. It also offers free future updates. License cost vary. You can select 6 months for $19.95, 1 year for $29.95, 2 years at $39.95 or a lifetime (enjoy forever) license for $49.95.
In addition, WebcamMax also works with live streaming. I’ve tested it at ustream.tv. My setup uses a Canon ZR-950 camcorder connected via Firewire to my Lenovo S10 laptop. With the WebcamMax software, I can switch sources selecting either my Canon camcorder, the laptop’s built-in webcam, a video or a movie clip, a photo and even my laptop’s screen. Sharing any of two sources I’ve mentioned is possible using the Picture in Picture (PinP) feature.
So, give WebcamMax a try. Download the trial version or visit their website at http://webcammax.com.