Here’s a list of the Top 15 WordPress Plugins I use on this site. Plugins gives WordPress added functionality. WordPress was designed to be lean keeping the engine fast and flexible while minimizing code bloat.
WordPress plugins vary in function from catching spams, providing stats, doing backups, download counters, comment functions, executing PHP, page navigation, creating sitemaps, adding meta tags, displaying videos, etc.
Here’s the Top 15 WordPress Plugins that is running on this site:
- Akismet – Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
- All in One SEO Pack – Optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
- WordPress Database Pickup – WP-DB-Backup allows you easily to backup your core WordPress database tables. You may also backup other tables in the same database.
- WordPress Stats – focuses on just the most popular metrics a blogger wants to track and provide them in a clear and concise interface.
- Google XML Sitemaps – creates a Google sitemaps compliant XML-Sitemap of your WordPress blog. It supports all of the WordPress generated pages as well as custom ones.
- Subscribe to Comments – enables commenters to sign up for e-mail notification of subsequent entries. The plugin includes a full-featured subscription manager that your commenters can use.
- EXEC-PHP – The Exec-PHP plugin executes PHP code in posts, pages and text widgets.
- WP-Download Monitor – Download Monitor is a plugin for uploading and managing downloads, tracking download hits, and displaying links.
- Contact Form 7 – Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
- Author Highlight – Author Highlight is a plugin that prints out a user-specified class attribute if the comment is made by the specified author. It is useful if you would like to apply a different style to comments made by yourself.
- Audio Player – Audio Player provides you with a simple way of inserting a stylish Flash mp3 player on your WordPress posts and pages. Features include configurable colour scheme, enclosure integration, runtime options such as autostart and loop and ID3 tag integration.
- WP-Syntax – WP-Syntax provides clean syntax highlighting using GeSHi — supporting a wide range of popular languages. It supports highlighting with or without line numbers and maintains formatting while copying snippets of code from the browser.
- Sociable – Automatically add links to your favorite social bookmarking sites on your posts, pages and in your RSS feed. You can choose from 99 different social bookmarking sites!
- Related Posts – WordPress Related Posts Plugin will generate a related posts via WordPress tags, and add the related posts to feed.
- WP-Page Navi – Adds a more advanced paging navigation your WordPress blog.
Do you any suggestions, recommendations, substitute? Please let me know.